Tuesday, May 1, 2012

In My Mailbox: 01/05/2012

This is a long post! Your comment would make my day :)



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Let us know what books you've bought, borrowed or received for review!






Library

The Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon 
Doesn't the cover look beautiful? Simply stunning! I hope the story is equally good as well! I have high hopes for this kind of Chinese Martial Arts adventure/romance novels. If the content is as good as the cover, this might land itself a four-stars review at least. 

Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Heard so much about it! I read a few reviews lately about Wither too, and all were positive. This novel seems deal with several touchy subjects. The author should have enough skill in packaging these themes in her lovely language and selling them off as a enticing YA novel!

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I picked this book up because I head from Veronica Roth that this book has one of the most believable romances ever. Sounds like a fantasy/adventure novel. Never would have picked it up, but now I'm glad that I did!

Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
Want. Want. Want. 
Now, this doesn't seem too good. I read a few pages and I'm bored. This might not make it into THE CHRONICLE. Think I should give a negative review? Or just leave it? 

*


Purchased

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
The blogosphere has been going gaga over this book! I'm kind of behind everyone, but here I am, finally following the tide. I know that there's a love triangle (sobs), but the temptation is too great. I'm totally like "WHO CARES"?

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Everyone knows Noah Shaw. The hottie bom botty has enamoured everyone, including me, even before I read this. I have to set this behind because of the pile of books I've not yet read (sobs... Gee, I'm sobbing a lot!). But I'm sure the moment I read this, it will be the unbecoming of Sel.

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
I'm half way through this. Yes, I know, this IMM came quite late. The book was such a charming distraction from my tests. Might have to read it again. Not sure if I would, but I sure want to.

Switched by Amanda Hocking
I bought this on the spur of the moment. It has been such a long time since I last read a good old clichéd story, so I took this off from the shelves. Needless to say, I was seriously surprised when I heard that this was a self-published novel which was then turned bought by an official publishing company. The author is now a multi-millionaire. Let's see if her first novel is worth the gold.

Bewitching by Alex Flinn
Alex Flinn won me over with her story A Kiss in Time and then had me tagged as her fan with Beastly. Both were great adaptations of fairytales and I just couldn't resist this one. Bewitch me, Ms Flinn!

Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
I just watched a Romeo and Juliet play last weekend. This book enters nicely into the equation. 

*
ARCs


The Glimpse by Claire Merle



Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown



House of Night #1 (The Graphic Novel) by a bunch of people including P.C. Cast



Redemption by Veronique Launier



The Shapeshifter's Secret by Heather Ostler 


*


Oh my! Isn't this a packed reading schedule? I'm rubbing my hands in glee.

Hope you are too! ;)

Tell me what you think! If you have any IMMs too, comment & I'd love to link you!

xoxo,
Sel


20 comments:

  1. Yay! Seems like we're going to read 3 same books... I'm happy I'm not the only one who's going to read Delirium so late! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Delirium only a couple of weeks ago. So, I am late right there with the both of you.

      Delete
  2. Wow looks like there are a bunch on there that I've been interested in reading! Sounds like a lot of exciting stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read all these too! Hope you get your hands on them too :)

      Delete
  3. Honey, I'm crying and scratching my marble table here. All of those books personified my jealousy. Enjoy reading all of them though, don't mind me. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't :) Before I managed to have these books, I was burning with jealousy at all those lovely books in other people's IMMs. There's so many books out there, I'm sure you have some that I would love to get my hands on! I will definitely enjoy!

      Delete
  4. AHH Sel I wanna read those books too I bought Switched as well! XD and I'm reading Abandon by Meg Cabot xD I love your blog as always and congrats for having so many followers! The books sound so exciting and interesting ^^ HAPPY READING~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I heart you Tan Jiayi! Thank you so much for always supporting me :D Happy reading to you too!

      Delete
  5. Hahahah xD looking at this post reminds me that I haven't read Born Wicked! XD I shall try to finish before holiday ends (hopefully) and pass it to you xD Happy Reading!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go read it! *urges* Then pass it to me :D

      Delete
  6. Delirium, that book was pretty good. I have yet to review that one. I probably should since I have already purchased Pandemonium (Delirium 2) Looks like you have a lot of wonderful books waiting for you to devour. Here is my IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly can't wait to read it! I'm looking forward to your review :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I write reviews at the most random moments. I wont be planning it at all then all of a sudden I am drawn in to the computer and I start typing. Delirium just missed my reviewing because I had so many exciting books I was reading. I just couldn't absorb them fast enough! Oh, well. I will certainly let you know when I write it! I look forward to your review of it too!

      Delete
    3. Let's tell each other when we finish our reviews :D deal?

      Delete
    4. Hey! I finally finished it! Here is my review of Delirium! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. Great books! I LOVE Delirium so much! I hope you do too!! And I also got an ARC of The Glimpse! I'm hosting a giveaway with it on my blog, care to check it out?? :)

    My IMM

    Happy reading!

    -Riya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sel,
    I loved Beastly and Lindy's Diary, so I'm very interested in Bewitching as well.
    Congratulations to your blog: great design and structure. :)
    Exina
    http://exina-art.com/lindys-diary-by-alex-flinn/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, take your time and cruise around. Leave your links! I always comment back :-)

Wishing you lots of good books to come along your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...