Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting for May to Bring the Delight of June Dreams


(The image is courtesy of Tara from Tater's Tall Tails)
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme held by Jill from Breaking the Spine that showcases upcoming releases that we can't wait to claim as our own & aren't afraid to tell that to the world!


Just because Ella can burn someone to the ground with her mind doesn't mean she should.  

But she wants to.  

For ten years—ever since she was a small child—Ella has been held prisoner on an interstellar starship. Now that she has escaped, she needs answers.

Who is she? Why was she taken? And who is the boy with the beautiful green eyes who haunts her memories?

Is Ella the prophesied Destructor… or will she be the one who's destroyed?





Coming Soon on 5 June 2012.


Before I start, first things first, I really don't like the cover. 

But... Like the proverb goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover." *glum* I think that is proving to be rather wise, especially when applied to books with not-so-great covers (my opinion :/). 

Because, once I hesitantly clicked on the cover image and scanned through the blurb, I was sold. Completely. Absolutely. Irrevocably. 

I just love boys with beautiful green eyes!

This story simply sounds awesome. Across the Universe + The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer = Pure fantastic mind-blowing masterpiece of a tale.

Prepare to shout "Hooray!" as June is flying to us with open arms ;) And since I'm on it, tomorrow's the last day of May. And, the very important thing is... 31 May is my birthday! 

What's better to celebrate the coming of June and its great reads with a birthday giveaway? Click here to see what it's all about. 

What are you waiting for? :)


 

21 comments:

  1. Ooohhh... Saw this one somewhere. Not really psyched about it but am sure going to keep my eyes out for it. Great pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really awesome!! And I don't really like the cover either but I'm glad that you are still going to give it a go. GREEN EYES! OMG love. LOVE. I wish my eyes were green instead of boring blue. :(

    My WoW


    xx
    Riya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad you feel the same! I know right, green eyes *dreamy sigh*

      At least yours are blue, mine is as black as the night :/

      Delete
  3. New follower. I have seen a few reviews for this book. A lot of people either love it or hate it. It sounds interesting.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I love it, haven't read it yet though :)

      Delete
  4. This one sounds really awesome. Great pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Look past the cover and the blurb just sucks you into the story :D

      Delete
  5. For some reason I thought this book was alread out - so it's nice to see that it isn't because I felt like soo many people had read it already except for me! And yes, definitely agree that sometimes it's best NOT to judge a book by it's cover :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Brenna from Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes :D I thought it was out too at first, then I realized it wasn't. I'm not so lucky to get an arc for this, but I'm still waiting patiently for it along with the rest of the world! :D

      Delete
  6. Sounds great, completely agree with you about the cover though :/. Great pick and thanks for stopping by :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Phew, I thought it was only me... :)

      Delete
  7. I have never heard of this book before but I am intrigued. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :) glad I introduced something new to you, join the fan club?

      Delete
  8. Honestly the girl looks kinda bald... Oh well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEARIE (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CREEPED. Please don't tell me you're Hsin Yee!!! :O but, yeah, now that you mentioned it, she does look kinda bald...

      Delete
    2. .AIYO OF COURSE NOT LAH :D I was just too lazy to sign out of this account!

      Delete
    3. I knew that was a fantasy -.-

      Delete
  9. Hi Sel, Many Many Happy Returns of the day and wish you have an awsome super dooper birthday. yay..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shahnila! You're awesome :D One of the first book bloggers to wish me happy birthday!

      Have fun participating in the giveaway! xoxo

      Delete

I love comments, take your time and cruise around. Leave your links! I always comment back :-)

Wishing you lots of good books to come along your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...