Sunday, May 27, 2012

Showcase Sunday: 27 May 2012


It's time to showcase the pretty books you've received or bought!









Compared to the flood of books last week *not that I'm complaining*, this week my mailbox has been relatively more peaceful. Instead, I couldn't resist buying several books with cover eye-candies. :)




Illuminate
This was on my Top Ten for 2012 list in January. Guess what I said then? ;) "Sounds like Ouran High School Host Club meet Another Faust!"  And we all know that with a spice of magic, romance and darkness, Illuminate promises and delivers!


Crave
I know, I know. This is the typical forbidden romance novel. But, just because it's clichéd, doesn't mean I can resist it's allure! *indignant*

"Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams..."

Sorry, but I just couldn't refrain myself from buying this after reading the blurb.

Who cares? I demand a good old romance with fizzling chemistry and Crave is my cure!


Tiger's Curse
I saw this quite some time ago, but I didn't think much of it. After some raving reviews, I'm going to take the leap-- into the world of hot Indian princes, ancient curses and forest magic! Aren't you excited? *squeals*


Harbinger
Frankly speaking, I didn't appreciate the cover design. Not at all. It turned me off at first. But, really, after reading an excerpt and the blurb, I think the cover doesn't do this book justice. Well, I'm going to! With a raving review, of course :)


For Review




This doesn't say much except that I have to get my butt down to reading this series soon! I've got this and the second book. Now, it's time for me to search for the first one!

*

Well, that's all I've got this week. My wallet is bleeding but my shelf is singing songs of joy!

What swag have you got this week? :)



32 comments:

  1. Great eye candy covers! Will look lovely on your book shelf I'm sure! Hope you enjoy all of your books this week :)

    Here's my Showcase Sunday: http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/showcase-sunday-3.html

    Becca @ Lost in Thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do look lovely! I'm sure I'll enjoy :D

      Delete
  2. Uh! You pretty much got all the books I want to have too. Hope you enjoy them. :)

    Here's my Showcase Sunday!

    ~new follower~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for following! Well, go get them too, but prepare for heavy casualties *a bleeding wallet* :)

      Delete
  3. Oh the covers look so pretty! I look forward to seeing your review on 'The Goddess Legacy' and 'Illuminate' they sound pretty cool.

    Here my Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, pretty pretty covers make my day! Well, I'll tell you when the review is out ;)

      Delete
  4. They all look so good! I just read and reviewed Tiger's Curse. I think I can go as far as saying it's my new favorite! Beware though...it has the dreaded sibling love triangle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! No I'm looking forward to it all the more! But *glum* why must there be a sibling love triangle?! :O

      Delete
  5. I have been wanting to read all of those too! Especially Illuminate and Crave. And I still cannot believe I haven't read Tiger's Curse yet! I hope you enjoy them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I will definitely enjoy them! Well, I will let you know if they are worth the wait :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of these myself, but they look awesome! Especially Illuminate and Crave in my opinion. You'll have to let us know what you think! And I'm so jealous of The Goddess Legacy! I hear that's really good and even has some funny stuff in it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee, now you've got me even more excited for this Goddess series? Quite a few commenters seem to have Illuminate and Crave on their TBR too, I guess my taste is not that bad, huh? ;)

      Delete
  7. i got illuminate too! enjoy your haul!

    My post is here:
    Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay yay! Let's swap reviews when we finish! :)

      Delete
  8. Lot of book loveliness here. Love the covers for these. Happy Reading ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are eye-candies for a reason :D now my shelf is a lovely vision to behold!

      Delete
  9. I keep seeing Aimée Carter's books everywhere and people seem to love this series - I might have to pick them up at some point :) It may not have been a v busy week but you still got lots of amazing books and I hope you'll enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! Now I have another one of her books in hand so I can't put off reading the series any longer. Hope it doesn't disappoint *fingers crossed* It's not a busy week but it's still bookamazing! :) Let's go try the series together *urges*

      Delete
  10. Harbringer, Illuminate, Crave, oehhhh. Like it! The covers are gorgeous indeed :D Happy reading and I like your mailbox!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-sunday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! *beams* I like your mailbox too! Gorgeous covers = Happy Sel :D

      Delete
  11. Great books - I love the covers as well! I do enjoy a bit of a book buying blitz! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest assured that the book-buying spree satisfies a shopaholic book lover like me. But my wallet is feeling the exact opposite of bliss. :/ oh well, the pretty covers are absolutely worth it! :)

      Delete
  12. Great books! I can see why you picked them. I haven't read any of them- but they are all on my list, except for Crave. Before reading your post I hadn't heard of Crave. Looks like you have some fun reading ahead of you. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goody! I'm sure I will have fun :) so glad I splurged. Now my TBR list has gone down a bit. Temporarily.

      Delete
  13. Great books this week. I've heard mixed things about Tigers curse so will be interested to see what you think of it.

    Enjoy

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Heard mixed reviews but I do genuinely hope that I will be standing on the positive side. I'm reading it now, will tell you asap when my review is out :D

      Delete
  14. You have a great selection there!!

    Hi, I love the blog! I found you over on Book blogs and followed! I would love it if you checked out my book blog to. http://readingunderthewillowtree.blogspot.co.uk/ Thank, kate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Thanks for following :) you made my day!

      Delete
  15. Don't worry I want to get Crave as well! :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2080

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's awesome *hugs* well, can't wait to hear what you think about it! :)

      Delete
  16. great selection :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, take your time and cruise around. Leave your links! I always comment back :-)

Wishing you lots of good books to come along your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...